ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 02, 2008

A tale of Orang Minyak






A few days ago, the whole university was shocked by the news of female students being raped by an intruder in late nights, widely believed to be an Orang Minyak (Oily Man), who was said to be on a raping spree for 44 fresh virgin girls in order to achieve the invincible level in black magic. This news had even made it to the local dailies, a proof of how serious and alarming the cases had been. The WiFi networks within the campus area were cut off, believed to be the works of the authorities for fear of this news being spread to the whole nation through the web. There had been reported cases in nearly every female-inhabited dormitory within the university campus, and they were said to be even more rampant in those dorms with low human and traffic flows when darkness falls.

As an immediate response to this, there was a sudden commotion among the girls here, leading to a mass exodus from their dorms to safety. Female students had been packing their things and moving out from their rooms to either stay with their friends at rented apartments or spend some safe nights in a hotel. Safety wise, money wasn't a real concern during this crucial period of time.

But all these were nonsense! Rumour has it that students were paid by certain groups to spread this false news. Hmm... Interesting. I gather it had something to do with the university's internal political strifes.

Whatever it was, let me just tell you the most hilarious part during the whole duration of this commotion. Since the cases we'd heard so far involved only Malays with the exception of a Chinese girl, thus it was said that the Orang Minyak (a Malay by default) would mostly target the Malays (Muslims) since most Chinese consumed pork. My female friends were so worried of being victimized that they decided to make bak kut teh 肉骨茶 their dinner! And one of them even asked for my clothes so that she could hang on her door as a prevention against the Orang Minyak, whom according to my friend, was afraid of the scent of a male body. Liddat also can? *faint*

¤ ¤ ¤

Despite having promised to post the December results last month, I was too occupied with my assignments till I had no time to tally the points. That explains why we have a Dec-Jan edition here. And please give a heartwarming hug to all the new chuppers who made it to the charts (you know who you are)! :)

What? No idea of what I'm talking about? Click here. We'll let the Chairman himself do the explanation to you. ;)

¤ ¤ ¤

Yes, I'm home again for the holidays. Upon my arrival here last night, I saw this on my table...




A greeting card from angie! My 1st for this Chinese New Year. Thanks so much! That's very thoughtful of you. ;) Lotsa mouseys on its cover, a sure sign of the Year of the Rat. But I certainly do not like the idea of them building their nests here! Who does, right?

43 comments:

Jemima said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! :)

kyh said...

5 chups!

恭喜发财! Happy Chinese New Year!

Chev said...

No Orang Minyak, and No Real Tikus this coming Mousey year :D

kyh said...

3 chups!

I JUST SAW A RAT RUNNING TOWARDS THE KITCHEN!!!

Pink Cotton said...

HAHA

ive read about the orang minyak news from thestar.com.my...

but if it is really true...isnt it scary??? O_O

hey i can read the wordings on the card lor...XIN NIAN KUAI LE! =)

kyh said...

1 chup!

Definitely not a good thing if it was true! When this was still a hot news, no girls dared to go out at night!

So clever! 2 mandarin oranges for you! :)

zewt said...

and we call ourselves a devoloped nation....

what's with this uni politics? it will be interesting to see...

kyh said...

Not in the next 50 years!

There are some banned groups working underground within the campus, and most racial-based societies have backings from political organizations if I'm not mistaken. I'm not too sure about the details though.

And that's just my assumption. It could be wrong anyway. :)

angeles said...

Orang Minyak??? Eh.. they watched too much of movies liao hehe...

angie said...

Eh???? Who's that "friend" who wanted your Manly Scent? Who?? WHO???

angeles said...

Yay! It reached u on time!

Eh.. u dun like mousey?? Butbutbutbut.. :(

kyh said...

Haha! What if it was true? ;)

Errr... *speechless* :P

I just saw a rat running towards the kitchen some hours ago. Hate mouseys, but love your card... And you too! :P

claudie said...

It makes me think to some movies like Buffie! Happy Chinese New Year !

kyh said...

Supernatural TV series eh? :P

Thanks, and happy brand new month ahead! ;)

day-dreamer said...

Speak of kiasuism... LOL!

kyh said...

Why kiasu? Do you mean the Orang Minyak? If no, then I think kiasi would be more apt! :P

L B said...

Orang Minyak?!! Kakakakaka till fall off the ground and floats into space! Gimme some of what you're drinking/smoking/inhaling!! Ok, maybe it's true!! Long Live Bakkuteh!! Wheeee. *snort*

kyh said...

So bad! :P

Got miss bak kut teh or not? :P

Nastasshea@Nesh said...

There's a rat in my office bitting off carpet and food! Maybe Orang Minyak threw it in my office for fun. Hahaha!!

Gong Xi Gong Xi!!

sophisticatedsoul said...

Donno I should describe this as scary or interesting. Hah..anyway, had so many random dreams yesterday and you were in one of it. Apparently you were the treasurer collecting some money from me. And I did not have with me valid Malaysian currency. Something about my bills are printed by the state government and hence are not accepted. How funny!! lol.

Happy CNY in advance. :)

kyh said...

Nastasshea@Nesh: I think it wanted to wish you guys Happy Year of the Rat! :P

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

sophisticatedsoul: Erm... Both?

That was a funny dream! What were my reactions then? Did I say some stupid things? Might be the reason that you missed me too much! :P You just reminded me of Form 6 when I was the class treasurer.

新年快乐!

ehonchan.com said...

yay for holidays! hehehe. shame on the orang minyak thinggy. stupid disgusting people should die!

kyh said...

The so-called Orang Minyak might be a Peeping Tom. I heard of girls spotting a hand in the shower when they looked up. Horny bastard!

_butt said...

but I thought the news about orang minyak was ages ago wor... now it re-surfaced again ah tsk tsk

happy chinese new year!! I got one from your Angie too kakaka :P

may said...

waaa, really laidet also can ka... so did you give her your best underwear anot? :P

*cabut*

kyh said...

_butt: And I remember got the blood-sucking pontianak stories too!

Yours prettier or mine? Faster say! :P

may: I did suggest giving her my undies! I think that's the best male garment to ward off Orang Minyak! KKK...

RennyBA said...

Good to know your home safe and sound - hope you had a great trip then!

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead :-)

Btw: No, my wife is not Norwegian - she's American.

kyh said...

Thanks, and happy February ahead! ;)

Las montañas said...

wow so scary! orang minyak in Malaysia. Went to the wiki link and omg, seems like even men are not spared.

kyh said...

The golden message is don't ever act like a hero! Not good if we're... SODOMIZED. Yucks!

SilverIsle said...

Gosh. Have to cut off the WiFi networks. Haha. It sounds really scary though. Whoo...

kyh said...

Luckily the networks were restored the next day. ;)

Zhu said...

祝你新年快乐!

I must be the only French/ Canadian to celebrate Chinese new year! :D

I actually heard about a similar "tale" at university in Canada. Sad...

Thanks for the hug! ;)

I love your Chinese new year header, it's so beautiful!

giddy tigress said...

I wonder why the orang minyak story always gets around the unis... but the bkt move was a classic one! heh heh...

kyh said...

Zhu: 新春快乐! :)

I'm sure there are lotsa Canadians celebrating with you this year! There's a large Chinese community in Canada, ain't it?

What tale is that? Is it something supernatural like this one?

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you love it. ;)

giddy tigress: Luckily not pontianaks, else the males would be in big trouble! :P

It was so hilarious, wasn't it? Haha!

_butt said...

hahah! oh wait, is it the pontianak who err... don't mind me being crude, somewhat 'feed' on used sanitary pads? ewwwwww....

mine certainly more rattier! more lao shus' than you :P

kyh said...

Ewww... Got that news meh? o.O

I heard of a blood-sucking lady haunting my town a decade ago, who purportedly bathed in fresh young girls' blood to keep her skin young, soft and tender. Wanna try? :P

Cheh!

Doreen said...

Happy CNY to you kyh! Gong xi fa cai! Gong xi fa cai! And also, straight A+ in your study!

kyh said...

Thank you, and 新年快乐! :)

Chev said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai
Have a Mousey new year but without the real mouse in da house :D

kyh said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Don't want real mouse... :(

AceOne118 said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! No olang minyak for me!!

kyh said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

What about ayam minyak? :P