ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Woes






Been very busy lately, hence the absence of new updates on this blog. No last-entry-of-the-year. No New Year's Day special dedication either. I appreciate those of you who dropped by here to make sure I was still alive and kickin'. You have my greatest gratitude. :)

Do you guys know what I was doing the moment the clock struck 12 on New Year's Day? Zzzz... LOL! I was so tired since I didn't sleep for the entire night 2 days earlier (thanks to the stupid studio project which had me working on it for 20 hours plus). An extraordinary way to kick off 2008 huh? *sigh*

Then came a day that I fell sick just when I was in the midst of completing my assignment for submission on the next morning! Procrastination is bad, yet I've failed terribly in dumping this negative habit.

And now about the fever. I thought I got well a bit the next day, but I nearly fainted on an overcrowded bus! The moment I got on the bus, there were no seats left, and I was thus forced to stand. It was a very hot afternoon, and I was sweating profusely (no air cons whatsoever near me). I have this inherited congenital disorder which I would feel very dizzy and uncomfortable when the weather gets too hot or there's shortage of oxygen, especially in an enclosed, overcrowded place.

Then my worst fear came. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy and weak, and I started to develop blurry visions ~ from coloured to monotonous, and further aggravated into pitch black. I panicked, and I blinked my eyes repeatedly to make sure that I got to see what I wanted to see. There was a temporary recovery of vision (albeit a monotonous one), but it was so blurry that I couldn't see further than my hand's reach. I held on to my grip with all my might so that I wouldn't fall if I were to faint anytime soon. No, I wouldn't want to faint here. News would spread to the whole school if I were to.

It was the longest bus journey I ever had, and a painful one too. A short 10 minutes seemed like forever to me. I didn't even know where I was when the bus suddenly decided to stop. I could vaguely see a course mate descending from the bus, and I guess I'd arrived. I carefully took my steps forward, up some stairs, before I came to a stop. I couldn't take it any longer. I then walked back to the bus stand to have my eyes rested. Thank goodness a friend of mine arrived soon. He called up to me and accompanied me there for tens of minutes. My vision then gradually recovered from reddish to normal. I didn't have dinner the previous night (due to my fever and serious lack of appetite) and only a small piece of bread for breakfast, and I guess these had an impact on what hit me earlier. That night, I had my earliest slumber in recent years. At 9 something, I was already in my dreams.

The following days saw me eating less and less. I used to have an appetite of a tiger, but not anymore. Maybe I'm still not yet fully recovered. But one thing for sure, I saved a lot of money these few days.

¤ ¤ ¤

Yesterday, I went to Macalister Road's famous Luk Yea Yan Vegetarian Restaurant 鹿野苑素食馆 to have my dinner. I decided to go for something spicy and sour, hoping to have my appetite lifted.


Vegetarian Thai tom yum

Judging from the garnishes, it tasted just like asam laksa! I guess the soup base for tom yum and asam laksa was the same in this restaurant. There was a wide selection of vegetarian food available here, from pizza and lasagna to smoked cheese rice and fish & chips. Besides, there were also Chinese dim sums. Interesting!

When midnight drew near, my cousins and I went for an indulgent chocolatey adventure at Häagen-Dazs.


Special Chocolate Fondue

I think I've got my appetite back now. :P


Addendum @ 6:50PM: Alamak... Forgot to tally the THHC™ points! It's all comin' up next! ;)

37 comments:

ehon said...

wah! such a long post. hehe. choc fondueeeee.. :D loves it with strawberries.

Ehon said...

oh, i got the first chup!! woo hooooooo!!!

kyh said...

Woah... You're fast! 5 chups for you!

A long post to make up for my long absence. ;)

Let's have one some day too! :D

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Ah, such a relief to know you're alive and kicking!

Long post but I enjoyed it lots, and like ehon said...choc fodue. Bliss.

Hope you have a happy weekend. Stay healthy!

kyh said...

3 chups for ya!

It's been a rather painful week. :(

Thanks! Fondues are just great, aren't they? Be it cheese, chocolate, or some wacky ones. ;)

A happy weekend to you too!

L B said...

Sorry things hadn't been too well for you, but I am sure all that gorgeous grub made up for it in no time at all!

kyh said...

1 chup!

You don't have to be sorry for me. ;)

And yeah... The food I had did lift my appetite and spirit! :D

Chev said...

sorry to hear that u r not feeling well over the last few days, but glad to know that u have recovered by now :)

nice ah the vegetarian tom yam? I passed by that Luk Yea Yan Vegetarian Restaurant several times but never step my foot inside there yet :)

kyh said...

Feeling better now! Thanks. :)

It tastes like asam laksa, might feel weird for a tom yum. I would love to try the smoked cheese rice. Even the name sounds so yum! :P

rinnah said...

Well, the rest of your year can only get better from now onwards!

Anonymous said...

U r absolutely not kyh if u sleep before 12.

Come on man, have more rest. Anyway, best wishes for u in this brand new year.

nai

kyh said...

rinnah: Hopefully. ;)

nai: There's an option for you to enter your nick. Why do you choose to be anonymous? o.O

You do understand me huh. But you have to make that 5, and not 12. :P

I wish I could have more rest. I need a long, long holiday!

Best wishes to you too. :)

angeles said...

Kesian...

*makes vege soup..*

kyh said...

No hugs and kisses? :(

SilverIsle said...

OMG. I was reading how no appetite you were and this and that. Then suddenly you ended the post with a chocolate fondue. =_= Here comes my appetite all of a sudden! LOLz.

kyh said...

Haha! This is what I call a beautiful ending. :P

Must treat myself to a wonderful dessert after having gone through an eventful week. ;)

Zhu said...

Hey, sleeping is a great way to start the year!

Your "sick day' looked kinda scary. I can just imagine you in the bus trying to keep it together... brrrr scary! Hope you feel better now! You look overworked.

_butt said...

campus life must be stressful to you lately eh? glad you're up and about now. :)

day-dreamer said...

Yo, take care there k? Falling sick in a place away from home can only be described with one word: sucks. =/

Hehehe... fondue fondue! :P

mistipurple said...

lucky u didn't faint. take care ya?

kyh said...

Zhu: Don't tell me you celebrated New Year's Day in your dreams too? :P

It was definitely scary! I was so scared that I'd collapse just like that! And thankfully, I'm OK now. ;)

Nah... I couldn't be overworked! In my context, this term doesn't even exist! :P

_butt: Not stressful actually. I sleep late not because of workload, but rather my own procrastination and the dreaded Internet addiction.

day-dreamer: Yalo... Very terrible!

Long live fondue!

mistipurple: Very lucky. Thankfully I could endure till the end.

I will take good care of myself. ;)

mistipurple said...

carry sweet bar or something. sometimes help.
*continues chasing kyh*

kyh said...

*runs lightning fast*

*hides into cupboard*

:P

RennyBA said...

Sorry you've not being well but glad you've got your appetite back now!

Wonderful pictures - my mouth is watering - very exotic for a Norwegian you know - thanks for sharing!

Btw: I've nominated for 'Santa's Blog of the Day' - See picture on my side bar - could I ask for your vote?

Doreen said...

Are those the little ice-cream balls for the chocolate dip?

giddy tiger said...

SO that was you in Haagen Daaz! hehe...joking..

kyh said...

RennyBA: I miss my mum's cooking badly though... :(

Definitely exotic for Europeans! Of course you can have it, but on 1 condition ~ you must be able to handle the spiciness! :P

Oh sure... My pleasure! ;)

Doreen: Yeah... Too cute to be eaten. :P

giddy tiger: Oh, it was you who kept on watching us that night! *lame joke* :P

zewt said...

is this really biological or you're just claustophobic?

kyh said...

In no way I'd be claustrophobic! Why should I? My mum has this, and now I have it. I call it a hereditary disorder. ;)

claudie said...

What a nightmare in the bus! You were very courageous! The chance you met your friend! Nice you eat again! This food looks very delicious! we adore exotic food at home!

kyh said...

Indeed a nightmare!

Exotic food is great in many ways! ;)

Doreen said...

knock knock knock!
*silence*
knock knock knock!
*silence*
Anybody there?
*silence*
Ok, I come back later.....

*walk away.....*

kyh said...

*opens door*

*waves back to Doreen*

may said...

I'm sure you've got your appetite back too, looking at that fondue! LOL! glad you're better now. no more woes, ok?

kyh said...

I'm very healthy now, thank you. No more woes! ;)

Zhu said...

angpows? Is that 红包? Is yes, none for me... I'm still a Westerner! :D

Your pictures are beautiful (my, I envy the hot weather!) and the trip must have been really interesting. Getting to know your own country is an adventure in itself... and I expect the difference between big modern cities and the countryside to be quite big!

A great post!

Melissa said...

those ice cream balls for the fondue looks like meatball >_<
Heagen daaz.. hmmm.. yummmmmmm!