ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Friday, December 21, 2007

Morning mum mum, Evening yum yum






Santa gave me an early gift this year ~ 2 extra non-schooling days to add on to my weekend. That explains why I'm at my home now, safe and sound. Although we've been complaining much about Malaysia, but hey, apart from the abundance of yummylicious Malaysian hawker food, we're blessed with a lot of public holidays all year round! To all my Muslim friends, Happy Eid al-Adha! :)

¤ ¤ ¤

Rinnah tagged me exactly 1 month ago along with some other tags. 3 tags in total from this girl! *faint* Initially, I planned to do these tags in one go just like the one I did months ago. But being the typical me, I'm just so lazy! :P Okie, let's do a 2 then. How about that? *winks*

This señorita wants to know what I eat for breakfast daily. Normally, I'd have 2 pieces of buns before attending my morning lectures. But if it's a weekend or holiday, I'd only wake up to my lunch brunch. No reasons for me to get up from my bed before noon since I tend to sleep not earlier than 5 am the previous night in the morning. :P

But yesterday was an exception. I took my breakfast because I was going home in the morning!


Mamak (Indian Muslim) vegetarian fried noodles

... with extra chillies (a must!). This mamak restaurant is situated at the foot of the small hill where our dorms are located. I normally have this particular dish in the late nights when I'm hanging out with my friends. But since all stalls at the cafeteria were closed for the Muslim holidays, this 24-hour restaurant was thus the place for me to satisfy my morning hunger before I headed home.

¤ ¤ ¤

A tag on healthy tips!

Geez... My life is completely topsy-turvy. Am I still eligible to provide a tip on this? *confused*

Well, my precious tip is don't ever try to skip breakfast! Wait a minute... Who am I to offer this piece of advice when I don't even follow this healthy tip myself? LOL! *no eye see*

¤ ¤ ¤



This is the tamarind soup that I've been telling you guys about all these while. My granny knew that I was coming back, and thus she went to prepare this favourite dish of mine for our dinner. How sweet and thoughtful of her! It was definitely a spicylicious surprise! :D

28 comments:

angel said...

Chup!!!

December is best! Lotsa holydays! ;)

Merry Raya!

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

That tamarind soup looks so mouth-watering!

I really like soury hot stuff.

YUM!

angel said...

Where is Desa Restu? New one ah? Nvr heard before wor... near Aman & Damai?

kyh said...

angel: 5 chups!

I want long, long holidays!

Happy festivities!

Restu is 1 of the 3 new desa collectively known as RST (R for Restu, S for Saujana, T for Tekun) built on the hill slope opposite Indah Kembara.

Actually RST are not quite new. I think they are at least 3 to 4 years old already.

Of course you've never heard of it before! You're old liao ma! :P

Furkids in Hong Kong: 3 chups!

It's absolutely delicious!

Whee... A fan of hot stuff! *hi 5*

L B said...

I am so hungry I can faint, and now looking at that plate of noodles has just sent me over the edge!!!

kyh said...

1 chup!

Don't faint yet, else no one would be there to rescue you! LOL!

You can have spaghetti there one ma, right? *winks*

angel said...

I PIAK U LONG LONG TIME FOR SAYING I OLD!!!!!!!!!!

kyh said...

KKK! Old women can be extra feminine and elegant than the young ones, ya know? ;)

Wennnn said...

Merry Christmas to U, toudai & ur family!!! Mamak mee goreng for breakfast??? Hmmmmm at wat time U had it ah?

RennyBA said...

Good to know your safe and sound!

The food looks delicious although quite exotic to a Norwegian of course :-)

Btw: Thanks for your visit and comment - a not is on its way to you about more Architecture pics and posts from Norway.

RennyBA's Terella

Giddy Tiger said...

Yummy food! Granny's cooking always taste better eh?

Chev said...

cilakak mia blogspot eat my comment
have to retype again :(

Err... how come your mee goreng mamak doesn't look that "red" geh? :P

Kenny Mah said...

Yay for Malaysia and our holidays! But. I want. MORE! Hehehe...

Angele said...

So many chillies in the tamarind soup! o.O

Never had the chance to taste this dish before =(

kyh said...

Wennnn: Merry Christmas to you and Jon too! :D

10 something in the morning. Why?

RennyBA: Chillies and spicy food always seems exotic to Europeans, huh? But I assure you it's absolutely delicious if you love anything spicy and hot!

You're very welcome. And many thanks for showing me some lovely Norwegian & Scandinavian architecture! ;)

Giddy Tiger: I can tell you home-cooked food is one of the best, if not the best. Miles better than the crappy ones we have in school! *pukes*

Chev aka Chen: I understand your frustration. Last time, mine kena makan too after I typed a very LONGGG one! *bawls*

Not only that, the dish also tastes different from the typical mamak fried noodles!

Kenny Mah: I want more too! :(

Holidays are never too many for me...

Angele: More chillies make the soup spicier and tastier!

Visit Malaysia then! ;)

Doreen said...

tik tok tik tok...you haven't done the tag from me and chen yet leh. Christmas is very very near liao wor...tik tok tik tok...hehehehe

kyh said...

Can I request for a tag-free holiday this Christmas? :P

eastcoastlife said...

The tamarind soup looks sour! My saliva was oozing out at a quick rate! hehe...

kyh said...

Not just sour, but hot & spicy too!

Don't drool! Want a bowl? ;)

claudie http://www.lazaza83.fr said...

Christmas father was generous and you took good time! I love exotic cooking! And the photos are so beautiful! You make me really hungry!

may said...

yerrrr... and I just have toast in the morning... I want some mee mamak too! yerrrr...

c o n s u e l a said...

ohhh that mee goreng & tamarind soup sounds so good right about now especially in this kind chilly weather...oh yeah yesterday was the official FIRST day of winter.

btw, here's a special "tag" gift for your before Christmas

xoxo

Zhu said...

I skip breakfast all the time... I'm just to sleepy in the morning.

But I'm not that French when I treat myself to one: instead of jam, café and croissant, I like the true American breakfast with bacon, eggs, pancakes etc.

Yummy!

kyh said...

claudie: Then you must spend your holiday here! ;)

I'm hungry too right now...

may: LOL! Let's go mamak! ;)

c o n s u e l a: Hawaii has winter too? Never knew that. Interesting!

1 more to add on to my pile of Christmas tags. :P

Zhu: Same as me!

American breakfast sounds fulfilling. And you might wanna try some of ours too! *winks*

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Wishing you and those you love a very Merry Christmas!!!

kyh said...

Thank you! I wish you a merriest Christmas too! ;)

mistipurple said...

Merry Christmas Kyh! wish you a good 2008 too!

kyh said...

Merriest Christmas to you, misti! :)