ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Draw dis . Paint dat






My university's 2nd semester is about to commence (other varsities have their holidays prolonged till either the end of this month or next year! Grrr... *sipeh beh syok*), yet I haven't blogged anything about my 1st semester, except some rants about the Orientation Week, my extremely busy life there, as well as the painful finals. I bet you guys are interested to know about the things I've learnt or done all these months in school, huh?

*** For the uninitiated, I'm currently a 1st-year undergraduate student pursuing architecture at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang.


One of our earliest studio projects. We were required to use pencils of various grades for this.

Our faculty ~ Housing, Building and Planning, simply abbreviated as HBP, is unique from other schools in that all 1st-year undergraduate students from the 6 major disciplines (architecture, interior design, urban and regional planning, quantity surveying, building technology, construction management) attend lectures together besides being given the same assignments to complete. Furthermore, a direct senior is arranged for each of us so that we'll be able to obtain lecture notes and those much-needed guidances from our respective seniors more easily. As a result, we juniors get to know our seniors better than those from other faculties.


Procrastination had me sacrificed my sleep for these 2 coloured-pencil drawings. The 2nd picture shows a heavily modified drawing of the magnificent Masjid Al-Bukhary of my hometown, Alor Star.

Actually there wasn't much to learn in the 1st semester. Apart from the boring construction economics which I abhorred so much, we were taught some construction basics such as foundations, building elements, as well as construction methods. We also had environmental science and the study on built environment and human settlements as part of our syllabus.


Some drawings on nature and biodiversity; a cubic model with the theme 'independence'; and a vertical sundial (teamwork)

By the way, have I told you guys before that we even have our own studios for work and play? Cool huh!


to be continued...

¤ ¤ ¤

My Christmas-themed header is finally up for this festive month! I hope you guys like it... :)

Hungry and damn sleepy. Time for this zombie to Zzzz...

37 comments:

L B said...

Oh, you're quite an artist! And nice Christmas Bannerhead!

Jemima said...

All the best in your 2nd Sem. :)

Who are the characters in your banner???
Nice banner btw. :)

Kenny Mah said...

Aww... now you and went and made me wish I had taken up Architecture / Design instead of Engineering... :)

Good job so far, dude...

Zhu said...

I love the new header! I was about to ask if you drew it yourself, but after reading the post I think I got the answer...

Studying is tough at times, I know. I somehow still a student (and a teacher!), but after 5 yrs at university, I'm just taking a few credits now since I work full time. Still, that's a cool career ahead of you!

You're a really good artist...

angie said...

Such an artist!
*swoons*

kyh said...

NOTE: Credits to Vladstudio for the header (as stated on my sidebar). That's not my work! I just modified it a bit to make it suit my page better. :)

L B: 5 chups!

Thanks. :)

Jemima: 3 chups!

I don't know, lol.

Nice eh? Credits to Vladstudio! ;)

Kenny Mah: 1 chup!

LOL! But now you're a writer, ain't you?

Thanks. :)

Zhu: It's not my work! Credits to Vladstudio. ;)

Yup, especially exams and the never-ending assignments! I do hope I'll make it in the future.

There's still much room for me to improve, but thanks. :)

angie: *fans angie*

Doreen said...

Wow, you sure are talented and an extraordinary one! Bright future ahead of you lah. Better start be good friend with you now, then can ask you design my dreamhouse. Hahaha

angele said...

I like your christmas banner!So much in the festive mood :P

kyh said...

Doreen: *shy*

Aren't you scared your house would collapse if it's designed by me? :P

angele: Thanks! What about my drawings? *thick face* :P

Giddy Tiger said...

Ooh, you're in Penang! I might bump into you one of these days! Those are very artistic pictures! I like!

kyh said...

But I haven't seen your face before!

Thanks. :)

angie said...

hunnieeee... so when are we gonna do the "Heart of The Ocean" sketch? ;)

day-dreamer said...

O.O Superb drawings!

And a very nice banner too!

kyh said...

angie: Wah... So cheem one! How does it look like jek? *wink wink*

day-dreamer: Thank you, thank you! :D

Chen said...

Hehehe, I saw few onion heads there. Are u going to design that in the future too? :P

kyh said...

No lah... I eat onions only! :P

angele said...

Oh your drawings are awesome!I wish I could draw as nicely as you do!

*impressed*

kyh said...

*blushed*

LOL! You can easily find someone who draws better than me. There's still so much for me to learn and improve. :)

Selba said...

WOW!!! very very very nice drawing!!!

kyh said...

Thanks! ;)

angel said...

Aisay! U din watch Titanic maa?? When Leonardo sketched Kate Winslet lying on the sofa..... who was just in the "Heart of the Ocean" mia locket...?

When your semester start? Nxt wk? Xmas wk?

kyh said...

I did watch, but that time still quite young ma... :P

Next Monday! But we have to register today... *sobs*

AceOne118 said...

Walau! you're a good painter! I mean artist. MUahahahah

kyh said...

Tor ceh, tor ceh! ;)

eastcoastlife said...

Wah! architecture student.

You are talented wor. The drawings are so cool! Can you draw portrait?

kyh said...

Portrait ah? Later Mona Lisa will become an old witch! :P

NorthBayPhoto said...

Very beautiful drawings.

kyh said...

Thanks! ;)

RennyBA said...

I really like your drawings - thanks for sharing!

Ohh yea, and also your new theme - looks great and very creative!

Wishing you a lovely end to your week :-)

www.terella.no

kyh said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like them! :)

Have a nice weekend too!

mistipurple said...

impressive. angelina very lucky. ;)

kyh said...

Is she? LOL!

Nastashea@Nesh (www.naturallynesh.com) said...

Nice work! I graduated from USM though I studied in Taylor's. See Taylor's offered USM mass comm subjects thus when I finished my course, my graduation was celebrated at USM.

Hey nice work anyway! Looks really good! Care to build me a house one day?? Cheerz!

kyh said...

Thank you!

Build you a house? This has to depend on how well I'm gonna fare in the next few years. Otherwise, I don't dare to accept your request. ;)

may said...

your drawings look nice wor... can design my future home anot?

kyh said...

What kind of home jek? :P

Tirzah said...

Well said.