ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas down the Via Dolorosa

Soulful Scribbles:

My draft for this entry was swallowed by Blogger this early morning when I wanna save it! Blame it on the crappy WiFi connection I get here which drops every now and then! Now I have to do it all over again... *bawls*

¤ ¤ ¤

It's this season of the year again. I can see some of you gleefully unwrapping presents under the Christmas tree, followed by cries of excitement like a 7-year-old kid. LOL! What a pity that I couldn't participate in this Christmas tradition since there's no Christmas tree nor pressies for me here. *sobs*

Oh ya, I just watched 2 movies that were based on Biblical tales in one go yesterday ~ Evan Almighty and The Passion of the Christ. Old movie (the latter), I know. One gave me a very good laugh while the other was just the exact opposite ~ it moved me to tears! The scenes where Mary ran frantically to Jesus who fell under the weight of the cross He was carrying for His crucifixion, along with a flashback to His childhood where little Jesus fell and Mary ran to Him were so stunningly composed!




Behold the greatness of motherly love! I was gushing with emotions the moment I saw this beautiful depiction of a mother's affection for her child. It reminded me so much of my parents' unconditional love for me. Without them, I don't think I could walk such a distance to where I am today. :)

¤ ¤ ¤

Maybe I don't have Christmas gifts this year, but I do have a meme to be done on this great day! Again I was tagged by Chen as well as Doreen for the Christmas tag.


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
~ Though I haven't tried egg nog before, but I would say hot chocolate! By the way, is egg nog available locally?
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
~ Wait till I meet a real Santa before I can get this question answered. I know there's one in Finland with his elves!
3. Colored or white lights?
~ Depends. But can I choose candlelights too?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
~ Nope...
5. When do you put your decorations up?
~ Never. Well... Perhaps in the near future? *winks*
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
~ Any dish that's got chillies in it. Got ah?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
~ No favourite one since we don't celebrate Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
~ Santa not real one meh? :(
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
~ I wish I could! I'd only received cards before, but not pressies. *sobs*
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
~ My tree doesn't even exist! You teach me how then...
11. Snow: Love it or hate it?
~ You're askin' someone who's never seen nor touched real snow before. Of course I would say LOVE IT! *prays for a white Christmas here*
12. Can you ice skate?
~ Nope, though I would love to try.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
~ It's not a Christmas gift though.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
~ Get to sleep till way past noon! :P
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
~ Ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate fudge etc. And I'd love to try gelato someday!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
~ Christmas carolling. *Garfields Chen*
17. What is on top of your tree?
~ See #10.
18. Which do you like best, giving or receiving?
~ Receiving. LOL! Always a headache to think of what gifts to buy.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
~ Lots! Silent Night, Joy to the World etc.
20. Do you like candy canes?
~ I prefer milk chocolates to candy canes. ;)

30 comments:

may said...

oh, love the bling-bling sign!

Merry Christmas, kyh!
*clinks mugs of hot chocolate together*

L B said...

Merry Christmas KYH.. May you find Joy & Contentment.

angele said...

Merry Christmas =)

Eat lotsa chocolates!

angel said...

happy christmas! may you be merry and merrier! :P

kyh said...

may: 5 Christmas hugs!

Lovely, isn't it?

Merry Christmas!

L B: 3 Christmas hugs!

Merry Christmas!

angele: 1 Christmas hug!

Merry Christmas!

angel: Merry Christmas!

rinnah said...

I have yet to see the Passion of Christ! Merry Christmas, kyh!

kyh said...

Then you must definitely watch it! It's a great movie. ;)

Merry Christmas!

AceOne118 said...

Merry X'mas!

kyh said...

Merry Christmas!

Doreen said...

Thanks for doing the tag wor. I send you pressie next Christmas ok? *give kyh some Ferrero Rochers*

RennyBA said...

Great meme - good to know a blog friend even better you know!

God Jul to you too and also I hope you'll have a great yr in 2008!

Zhu said...

I didn't like The Passion Of The Christ that much when I saw it in the movie... I blamed it on my lack of religious background.

Merry Xmas!

Ehon said...

merry christmas and happy boxing day!! :D eat lotsa turkey..

er... do u have any there?

Mr. Goober said...

thanks for coming, merry christmas!

claudie http://www.lazaza83.fr said...

I didn't see the Passion of the Christ but it is something I will see one day even if it isn't an easy film to watch. I see you like sweeties like me!

kyh said...

Doreen: You're welcome! ;)

Pressie for me? Really? Thank you so much! *muaks*

Yum!

RennyBA: But sometimes I'm just too lazy to do memes. Heh.

God Jul! I hope you'll have a fruitful year ahead! ;)

Zhu: Everyone's taste is different. Some will find this movie genre boring. Though I'm not a Christian, I find it really interesting and enlightening. In fact, it's one of the greatest films I'd ever watched! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Ehon: Merry Christmas!

Turkey? No way... I'm a vegetarian! LOL!

Mr. Goober: Merry Christmas!

claudie: It was filled with gore and torture. Definitely not for the faint-hearted!

I have a sweet tooth, but I tend to avoid candies. ;)

Kenny Mah said...

Yes, her portrayal of Mary in that film was very, very touching. Glad you watched a funny movie too, to balance the sadness from watching this one.

Have a great 2008 ahead! :D

eastcoastlife said...

Happy Holidays!
I love chocolates too.

zewt said...

my ex church played the movie in church and many converted to Christianity...

kyh said...

Kenny Mah: That particular scene had me replaying it over and over again!

You too! ;)

eastcoastlife: Now no holidays liao. So sad! :(

*gives mama eastcoastlife a big chunk of milk chocolate*

zewt: They were finally saved by God's grace, ya? ;)

mistipurple said...

happy new year kyh! wish you pass with flying colors every exam you take!

kyh said...

Happy Mousey Year! And thank you! ;)

eastcoastlife said...

*munching big chunk of milk chocolate*

oi.... today is new year's eve liao.

Wishing you a new year.....
lit up with good times, bursting with fun and sparkling with a whole lot of joy!

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Happy Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!!

Wishing you all the best.

Chev said...

A very belated Christmas greetings and Happy New Year 2008 :)

Egg Nog is available locally but only in certain supermarket :)

kyh said...

eastcoastlife: Thank you, thank you! And I wish you a glittering year ahead, blessed with amazing health and wealth. May you get prettier and younger too! ;)

Furkids in Hong Kong: Happy 2008! I'm sure there were plenty of stunning fireworks displays to see in Hong Kong the moment the clock struck 12 on New Year's Day! After all, it's such a happening city, ain't it? ;)

Chev: I have a strange kinda feeling while addressing you as Chev instead of your good old Chen! It takes some getting used to, I think...

So egg nog is available here, eh?

Happy 2008! :)

RennyBA said...

Just here to thank you for your visit and return the favour: Happy New Year!

kyh said...

Happy 2008! :)

mistipurple said...

*hot hot onion soup!*

kyh said...

Thanks... Really yum! :)