ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scribbles

I've been home since last Friday night and will continue to stay in my hometown till mid-December. That's right, a whopping 5-week long semester break for me. I know some of you are getting jealous of me right now. Please don't! :P

I'm quite lazy to get myself into proper blogging today. Just saja have the urge to scribble some nonsense here. Oh yes, the best thing about being at home --- heartwarming home-cooked meals! hot.sour.spicy, especially the must-have tamarind soup (we call it as asam th'ng 亚三汤), with a soup base made from tamarind, lemongrass, dried and green chilli, torch ginger flower and some aromatic herbs which I'm not sure of. Mackerel fish are generally used to cook the soup base (in whole, not shredded as in asam laksa). But since I'm a vegetarian, this ingredient is naturally omitted from the list. Besides, we also add in some cabbages, cauliflowers and cucumbers. 1 word for this dish --- YUM!

I'm getting increasingly philosophical these days (not that I've never been so), and thinking I might wanna put this piece of essence up here which I happened to stumble upon on a local site committed to interfaith understanding and religious tolerance. So please bear with me! :P


We might adhere to different religions and spiritual beliefs. But don't ever let these primarily theological differences blind us from seeing what our faiths have in common. I believe the quintessence of every great religion in this world is universal --- leading mankind to the righteous path and a peaceful world. If only everyone understands this...

Happy holidays!

19 comments:

L B said...

I wish everyone to have an iPod, or at least the MacBook, fully loaded with Leopard, and lots of RAM, and wireless mice...

angel said...

I thank LB for the Chrismas pressies :D

Errrmmm... how about Brangelina religon? *blink blink*

Chen said...

if only....

let's have tamarind soup :)

kyh said...

L B: 5 Apple chups!

Thankies! So when will I be able to get those ah?

angel: 3 Brangelina chups!

That will be non-existent. It's heresy like they say! :P

Chen: 1 if only chup!

Wanna wanna? ;)

mistipurple said...

still got leftover assam soup or not?

eastcoastlife said...

The Emperor's giving out Christmas pressies! *doll myself up and queue*

I want to try the tamarind soup!! Will it give me more power? hehehe....

kyh said...

mistipurple: Sudah tarak wo... Why didn't you request for it earlier? Aiya! How about next week? ;)

eastcoastlife: Fast fast grab 'em while stocks last! :P

The soup will only leave you in sweat and tears. LOL!

Jemima said...

Thanks for dropping by. :)

I hope LB doesn't forget to fill my X'mas stocking.

Anyway, I wish you a safe & enjoyable holidays. :)

kyh said...

You too if you have 1! ;)

Winn said...

how abt winnism?

kyh said...

LOL! You're the prophet ah? :P

angel said...

Get your face out from Facebook and blog about your first sem's sexperiences! :P

kyh said...

Aiya, 1st semester only experiences, but no sexperiences wo... How?

eastcoastlife said...

No sexperiences!? I thought the ragging is getting too hot these days! The seniors are demanding sexual favours! My son can't wait to go Uni! hahaha.....

Tamarind soup can reduce me to tears! That I got to try.

*poke poke poke kyh.... *
Oops, lobang....

kyh said...

Haha! That could only happen in my dreams... :P

You must try it if you love hot and sour food! ;)

*pokes back*

may said...

I guess every religion just wants us to be better people, hor?

happy weekend to you!

kyh said...

Yup, but unfortunately some barbaric jerks distort the beautiful teachings to their own benefits. Ain't that sad?

Happy weekend to you too! :)

khengsiong said...

I currently study business ethics in my MBA. They lecturer actually mentioned The Golden Rule. But really, I don't think business people take The Golden Rule seriously.

kyh said...

What does The Golden Rule have to do with business ethics? Do you mean we should not cheat while dealing with clients because we don't want to get cheated ourselves? Interesting.

Actually, who in this world really takes these moral codes seriously? Even the popes do make mistakes, ya know!