ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Friday, November 30, 2007

My diva on Youtube!

And no, this is NOT a sponsored post...

Everyone loves Youtube. I seldom watch video clips there, and even my university bans this website, citing the reason that clips buffering will increase the load of its wireless Internet bandwidth. But I find myself falling in love with this awesome site these days. I've found clips which I've been longing to watch or are unable to find back in the old days.

And speaking of divas, think My Heart Will Go On. Yes, it's none other than Céline Dion. Having sold over 200 million albums worldwide to date, she's one of the world's best-selling female artists of all time. Though Mariah Carey has been crowned for having the greatest voice in contemporary music, to me, Dion (who was placed in the top 10) has the most angelic voice of all artists I've ever known. She really knows how to move people's souls and emotions with her amazing voice!

R&B, hip hop, rock and rap seem to be the norm of Western music these years, where most songs from these genres continuously top the music charts across the globe. Long gone is the forgotten era of love ballads and sentimental songs which help to define much of the 90's music scene.

But nevermind, as I'm gonna share with you now some of my favourite clips of Céline Dion that I've managed to find on Youtube. Do enjoy! :)


Live performances:

Il Divo featuring Céline Dion - I Believe in You (Je Crois en Toi)
{Super nice! Just love it...}

Céline Dion & Josh Groban - The Prayer
{Listen to how angels sing! What a perfect match!}

Céline Dion & Andrea Bocelli - The Prayer
{The orignal version; Live at the 1999 Grammy Awards; Equally stunning...}


Music videos:


Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On
{D'ya know that this song was recorded in only 1 take without instrumental accompaniment? Truly unbelievable!}

Céline Dion & Peobo Bryson - Beauty and the Beast
{Lovely song and movie...}

Do these clips bring back those sweet old memories? Hou lum ah...

By the way, is anyone going to the Live & Loud KL 07 music festival on December 1st? Oh my, Whitney Houston is gonna have a stage performance that night!

"And I...... will always love you......"

22 comments:

Jemima said...

I prefer Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban & Il Divo. ;)

kyh said...

5 chups!

You're still not sleeping?

Girls are girls! :P

Zhu said...

I think she's touring next year... tickets were gone in seconds in Québec!

L B said...

Celine's been good.. but I am going thru a Spice Girl Revisited phase now... Mama!! Too much!! Headlines!! Viva forever!!

kyh said...

Zhu: 3 chups!

Really? Man... That's a sold-out! A diva is truly a diva...

If only she ever comes here... *sigh*

L B: 1 chup!

Haha... Spice Girls were such a phenomenon in the past decade. But I so hate Posh!

may said...

I like her older songs better somehow. maybe now too commercial oredi... lol!

angie said...

Then I not your diva ma? :(

Live & Loud on 1st Dec starts in the afternoon. Very very wanna go but.........

Doreen said...

Ahh~~~celine, used to be my fav. I like her "Because you loved me"

kyh said...

may: I like her older songs better too! Many great songs in the past decade...

angie: You're goddess, not diva! :P

Yer... I so wanna go! :( But what? Because Brad can't be there with you? :P

Doreen: You mean you don't like her anymore? :(

That song is fantastic! One of my favourites! :)

zewt said...

and i tot 'the prayer' from josh groban and charlotte church was the best... this is incredible...

whitney houston... in malaysia?

kyh said...

I don't quite like Charlotte Church's voice. Maybe I'm biased or what, I prefer Céline Dion's version better. :)

I was very surprised too when I first heard the news! Unbelievable huh?

mistipurple said...

so gifted they all. not easy to maintain a beautiful voice. lots of work involved.

kyh said...

Wish I could sing like them...

Ehon said...

i still like charlotte and josh groban's version the prayer. :P

anyway, i lazy comment on the other posts ler.. too many psots to read and comment.. ughh.. but i sure got read!!

eastcoastlife said...

Whitney Houston in KL!? I enjoy listening to Celine Dion's songs.

kyh said...

Ehon: Everyone's music taste is different. ;)

KKK... You sked me scold you ah? :P Most of my recent posts are PPPs, you can definitely skip 'em! ;)

eastcoastlife: Yup! Tonight!

I love Céline Dion's songs so much!

Angele said...

I just love the duet song with Il Divo.
Sooo gud! At a time I was addicted to that song and was listening to it repeatedly with the volume to the max!

Hahaha =D

kyh said...

I was very addicted to it at a time too! I kept playing it over and over again on my media player! :D

_butt said...

if you heart Celine Dion I'm sure you know her latest 'Taking Chances'. Love that song. :)

have a Happy remaining Sunday!

kyh said...

I only listened to it once, quite nice, but certainly older songs are better. ;)

Happy Sunday to you too!

RennyBA said...

Miss Dion is certainly a Diva and I'm glad you finally fell in love with Youtube (I use it quite a lot) since your collection in this post where excellent.

btw: Thanks for your visits and nice comments on my blog and also for enlighten us about spoken language in Brussels.
www.terella.no

kyh said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like her songs! ;)

You're very welcome! Your blog is informative, as well as enlightening with all those beautifully taken travel photos. I love European history and culture too! :)