ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Makin' a come back... With a babe!




Take a look at my last entry. OMG... It's been 2 months! Finally I can settle down properly as my 1st semester in USM is coming to an end. Assignments and all related stuff are now history for the time being. I'm currently back in Alor Star for the Eid ul-Fitr (our so-called Hari Raya Aidil Fitri) holidays as well as the ongoing 3-week long study weeks before ushering in the 1st and final exam of this semester. And then it'll be followed by a month-long semester break. Can't wait for it to come!

What have I done and learnt in school all these months? You'll know about it in the upcoming entry. So please be patient ya! ;) As for now, let's move on to the main gist of this entry.

Introducing my wonderful babe! No, it's not a new-found girlfriend in school (don't worry angie... I won't betray you! :P), but rather...



Been waiting for its arrival for 1 month due to stock shortage nationwide


Tadaa! Exquisite leather texture cover with an engraved mirror-finish logo designed by top-notch Japanese designers

In full glory...


Probably the most eye-catching feature of all, with just a double tap on it, a soothing chrome blue light will illuminate the multimedia TnG (Touch-and-Go) touchpad that comes embedded with dedicated shortcut keys and a volume control

Why NEC, you ask? Actually, I've never considered this brand before, but this particular model catches my attention when it's announced a few months back. I'm especially drawn by its innovative 1st-of-its-kind TnG touchpad which I find it to be real cool. At an attractive price of just RM5k, it's loaded with features and specifications that you can only find in models worth nearly RM7k or more.

Its hefty specs include:
  • the latest Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz (4MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB) processor
  • 2GB DDR2 RAM with 1GB Intel Turbo Memory feature
  • 200GB HDD (a boost from 160GB of the initial batch)
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS graphics card with dedicated 256MB GDDR3 VRAM and DirectX 10 plus HD support
  • integrated 2.0 megapixel webcam
  • dual digital microphone array with noise cancellation feature
  • nifty ECO button to toggle between high performance mode, power balance mode and power saving mode with different LED lights to differentiate each mode
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
  • etc
Another reason that justifies my purchase of a NEC lappie is its rarity and exclusivity in my varsity. Every time you turn around, you'll most probably spot either Acer, Dell or HP Compaq, the 3 most ubiquitous notebook brands among Malaysian students. Moreover, everything is crammed nicely into this 14.1" baby. Not too big and not too small. Just perfect. I'm certainly not the type of person who's willing to haul an elephant notebook here and there, wherever I go.

And why not Apple (I'm sure someone is gonna question me this :P)? It (MacBook Pro) is too pricey lah, bradder! Next time... Next time...

By the way, do you guys know that I'm actually using somebody's (which I do not know who) Wi-Fi service to blog from my home now? Currently I don't subscribe to any Internet services, but I so happen to discover not 1, but 2 Wi-Fi networks in my house yesterday night that do work! I feel like Columbus who just found routes to the New World! How fortunate can I be? Illegal or not, it's still a big temptation that's too hard to resist! I think I really need to thank those guys for this great free gift! :P

Now it seems like I finally have a valid reason to blog from my varsity dorm, yeah? :)

27 comments:

L B said...

Whooa, WELCOME BACK!! With new babe too!! May you have lots of off-springs, and the year will prove fruitful!!

angel said...

welcome back! missed u loads!
xoxo~ rushing to go back now. muaks!

Wennnn said...

Welcome bek..... Nice lappy!!

ehon said...

wahhhh!! welcome back to the blogosphere! :D

may said...

what a funky trackpad, with that backlighting and little "buttons"!

welcome home, enjoy yourself, and Selamat Hari Raya. Happy Holidays!

day-dreamer said...

Whee~ you're back!!

I know you still have exams to cover, but still, use the holidays to relax ya!

And nice baby! So jeles! Very attractive indeed.

So now you understand the kind of feeling when you get unsecured Wi-fi networks around you area while you are internet-less? LOL!

kyh said...

L B: 5 fruitful chups!

How I wish! :P

angel: 3 rushing chups!

Miss you loads too! Muaks!

Wennnn: 1 nice chup!

Thanks!

ehon: Thank you, thank you!

may: Indeed funky!

You too!

day-dreamer: Hehe... No need to jealous! :P

Oh yeah... It's such a great feeling!

mistipurple said...

allo. you are back! for how long ah? haha

kyh said...

Haha... Well, I'm gonna sit for the final exam at the end of this month. :P

zewt said...

2 months... it has been that long huh....

2Gb RAM!!! woooaaaahhh... too fast la like that... blogging doesnt need to be that fast :)

kyh said...

Yup... It's been 2 months! :)

Haha... Actually I wanna push its limit to 4GB! :P

_butt said...

fulamak, back with style sumore eh. welcome back! :D

kyh said...

Thankies! :P

Leonard said...

phew, look like you got yourself a great notebook!

all the latest features, the touch-pad (oh!) so cool!

does it come with biometric identification??

kyh said...

The absence of a biometric fingerprint scanner is the only imperfection of this otherwise perfect notebook! But not that I would need it so much anyway. :)

The touchpad is cool huh! :P

rinnah said...

Woot! You're back with a gorgeous babe! Eh, missed you and your chups lots this past few months leh...

So, will you make sporadic appearances now you got that lovely babe?

kyh said...

I'll definitely try my best! Exam's comin', but I'm still lazing around here! :P

Chen said...

Nice babe u have out there :D
and welcome back to blogsphere
time really flies, huh? :)

kyh said...

Thanks!

Time does fly, huh? :)

SilverIsle said...

Oo... Never heard of this brand but it sure does look awesome. Great purchase. Hehe. Hereby I would like to wish both of you "bai tou dao lao". =P

kyh said...

I told you... It's a rare thing! ;)

Thank you, thank you! :P

sbanboy said...

Wah must have cost a BOMB

The trackpad looks cool :)

kyh said...

It's considered cheap if compared to brands like SONY, Fujitsu and Apple.

Cool yeah! :)

Winn said...

greatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back kyh!! good to hear from u!

so fr now on u can blog d? say semester break but no update geh?

i m using nec too. my sis bought an nec 2 mths back.....
but i find its mousepad a bit hard to use. i dont like its keyword too tho i m typing into one...

i wan a sony vaio!!! but no ..too exp!!

kyh said...

Exam's comin'! Mustn't blog for the time being...

You're using NEC too? Great! Which model? Is it the same as mine? :D As for the touchpad, I have no problems with it. It's just the same as other touchpads. ;)

SONY is not worth it. You pay premium just for the brand and design, but not the internal essence. I'll say Apple MacBook Pro! Haha... :P

Huei said...

cool!!!

love the touchpad!!!! =D

kyh said...

Thanks! :)