ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I ♥ Sar Hor Fun . 我 ♥ 沙河粉






I was tagged by the doctor again as she wanna know whether I've been leading a healthy eating life-style or not by requesting me to blog about my favourite food. The answer is... NO! :P




Introducing the yummylicious Sar Hor Fun 沙河粉 (flat rice noodles)! Not really a healthy dish, right? But I don't care as it's one of my all-time favourites besides Laksa and Thai Tom Yum. I heart this dish kaw-kaw! Do you know that I'd rather opt for this than rice? In fact, I tend to avoid the latter when it comes to meals. Gimme 沙河粉 anytime!

Since my place is not Cantonese-speaking, this dish is more commonly known as Char Yin Yong 炒焉鸯 (flat rice noodles + rice vermicelli) or Char Tua Pan 炒大板 (flat rice noodles only). I prefer the latter as I'm a big fan of flat rice noodles. The one you see above is 100% vegetarian (that's for me), with lotsa veg and yes, cili padis! Spoonful of 'em. Slurrrp... Yum! :D


*** Start Copy ***


Proposition: What is your favourite food in your state or country?
Requirements: Find some info about the food & show delicious picture(s) of it.
Quantity: Tag 5 people.
Tag Mode: You leave their blogs and post links and add to the list below.


Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia
JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow
My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak
Monterssorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun
Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee
PeimunLeah loves Hakka Lei Cha
Hui Sia loves Crispy duck skin from China
Karen loves Pan Mee
Simple American loves Cheese Enchiladas
Nicole Tan loves Char Tau Kueh
velverse loves Otak-Otak
Giddy Tiger loves Dim Sum
may loves Roti Bakar
Selba loves Gado-gado
Chen loves Satay

kyh loves Sar Hor Fun


*** End Copy ***


I miss tagging you guys! So I'm gonna pick 5 lucky ones to continue with this food hunting mission:


_butt
Ah Boy
Angele
Mr. Goober
Paris Beaverbanks

☼ ☼ ☼

Check this out! You'll be amazed at the lightning pace of today's technology. This will be the first of its kind in the world. And once again, it's a SONY.


34 comments:

L B said...

Sar Hor Fun, two bowls, please! Chop! Chop! Extra chili ok?

Nicole Tan said...

I also want sar hor fun!!! can tar pow for me and courier over ah?! but I dun want the vegetarian one!! i want more fishballs!!!

May said...

I love sar hor funn too! just had a bowlful yesterday for lunch... *urp*! no cut chili though...

Selba said...

Sar Hor fun? I think I have tried it before, but not so sure.. it's kinda look like our 'cap cai' in Indonesia :)

Wennnn said...

I also love sar hor fun lor!!! In fact I love all the noodles..

day-dreamer said...

Sar hor fun is good!! Long live sar hor fun!! LOL!!!

_butt said...

now that it reminds me, I missed the sar hor fun I had in Ipoh.. lol

can I skip this tag? I don't post food pictures ler.. :P but if you insist, I'll be taking my own sweeeet time...

angie said...

Yummmm... one for me too, please?

You gonna cook for me tonight? *grins*

rinnah said...

How come your Sar Hor Fun don't look like the Sar Hor Fun I usually order one? The soup color looks darker leh...

ehon said...

wah wah wah!! i am soooo tempted to lick my computer screen right now and see i can get a taste or not. I WANTTT!!!

khengsiong said...

You said 沙河粉 is called 炒大板 (FRIED flat rice noodles) at your place. How come the photo shows a noodle soup?

Which one do you like: fried or souped?

kyh said...

L B: 5 extra chillies chups!

Ok, ok! Comin'!

Nicole Tan: 3 fish balls chups!

Can, can! DHL or FedEX? :P

This vegetarian one is nice leh! ;)

may: 1 bowlful chup!

Yes, it's nice!

You don't like chillies meh?

Selba: Ooh... Maybe you've tried it before! Reminisce, reminisce! ;)

Cap Cai? What's that?

Wennnn: Yes, I also love all the noodles, particularly this one! :)

day-dreamer: It's really good! Yum...

_butt: Ipoh's one is nice!

Cannot! You must do it! I'll wait for you so you can take your own sweet time hunting for it. ;)

angie: Okie...

You're not sked I might turn your dear kitchen into a big mess meh? :P

rinnah: Maybe the soy sauce used is more than yours? ;)

ehon: So did you get to taste it after your lick? :P

You want? Go get it then! ;)

khengsiong: There are 2 versions: one is fried (with a lil' bit soup) like you said, the other is soup-based.

I love both of 'em, as long as it's Sar Hor Fun! :)

angie said...

Not sked... I hungry now... :(

kyh said...

Maggi Mee, can? Or tea time Brad, I mean bread! ;)

Chen said...

your sar hor fun looks yummy, with generous servings of cili padi.
I LIKE !!!

Doreen said...

The fresh green chilli very enticing! Sar hor fun and chilli...emmmm...YUM!

_butt said...

yerr.. thought I can escape pulak :P

kyh said...

Chen: Yay... Glad that you like it! :D

Doreen: Really yum! It's pure heaven!

_butt: Hehehe... Once you're tagged, there's no escape! :P

Paris Beaverbanks said...

I thought Sar Hor Fan was the one with chicken and prawns in a clear soup? Anyway thanks for the tag. Will do it asap

kyh said...

Different areas different versions. Plus, there are no chicken meat and prawns because it's a vegetarian dish! ;)

Wah... You're the 1st person who actually thanked me for being tagged! :glad:

Nicole Tan said...

aiks but me no eat vetables at all...haha got some with more meat ah?! and extra noodle..dhl of fed ex also can...as long as it reaches me nice and warm..yummy

kyh said...

Aiks... Really? Have to seek elsewhere liao...

eastcoastlife said...

Your Sar Hor Fun looks so temptingly yummy!!! I love the flat noodles and especially the gravy. slurp slurp.....

kyh said...

Very yummy and slurpy indeed! Now this is making me so hungry! Gotta go have my brunch now... ;)

zeroimpact said...

Yes, yes
Yummy sar hor fun
I want 2 bowls also, but I want carninorous one can ah
More meat more meat
:)

kyh said...

You're the same as Nicole hor? What a match! :P

Winn said...

aiks that reminds me. i kena tagged by 2 persons of the same tag but dint do yet...

i like fried eggs la..where to eat?

kyh said...

Cook yourself! :P

AceOne118 said...

Ipoh 'sar hor fun' the best la! kekeke

kyh said...

I know... So, when are you gonna tapao for me? :P

sbanboy said...

Looks yummy

kyh said...

It sure is! ;)

Ah Boy said...

Ah Boy has submitted homework liao

kyh said...

Good boy! :)