ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Monday, December 18, 2006

An owl's grumbles

I think I've gone sot lately. Not that I haven't had it in my lifetime before, it's just that my sotness has become worse, especially after the stupid STPM examinations!

I used to go to bed very late at night, probably around 2 a.m. on school days, and 3 to 4 a.m. on weekends, public holidays and even the night before each paper during my exams. I would only wake up not earlier than 1 p.m. the next day. This weird lifestyle of mine has been going on for years, till now. Thus you can conclude that except on those school days, I haven't got the chance to greet the morning Sun, nor do I have the chance to savour my breakfast. Furthermore, I used to take my breakfast not in the morning, but in the wee hours (mostly between 2-4 a.m.). That's because I tend to get very hungry during these hours, not to mention that I couldn't resist the idea of eating.

When one thinks that he could actually go to bed early after the damn STPM, the effect has gone otherwise. I now sleep at more peculiar times: several days ago I slept at 5 something, two days ago at 4 something (if it wasn't due to my dad's rumbling, it could had been much later), and yesterday it was 7 a.m. (blame all these on my Streamyx! XD)! And never has these days after my exams that I slept before 3! Gosh... I actually feel that I'm living according to the European or American times! Hmm... Maybe I should really consider moving there for goodness sake... :P

I don't know why. I just couldn't get myself to sleep early. It seems to be a norm that I've got used to all these years. In case you don't know, I've never been to bed earlier than 12 a.m. since Standard 1 (excluding a few negligible nights lah of course). Woah... That was 12 years ago! I guess my health would definitely deteriorate in the long run. But hey... There's one great advantage: I can help my family to keep watch at night! XD

Sigh for an owl's grumbles...

10 comments:

L B said...

Wait till you start sleeping on the sofa EVERY night!!

kyh said...

Why leh? Btw, I slept before 2 yesterday, so it's quite an improvement for me! :P

Anonymous said...

Wah... bro, your biological clock went more haywire than mine!!

Yeah, lately I sleep very late also, but working like hell here, unlike you, enjoying your freedom so much there.

kyh said...

Hahaha... Now only you know I'm very geng leh... Yesterday, I slept at near 7 again lo! Really gone sot this time...

Cat said...

haha! nono.. u cant compete with me yet..my sotness was worse than urs now during d long long holidays after our spm. hehe.. remember those days? we wld chat til wat? 5-6am in d morning? problem is all d chatting made me so wide awake tat i cldnt fall aslp after tat. n knowing tat my parents wld come call me around 1pm, i was desperate to get some slp. n i dun know if anyone has ever had tat feeling where d harder u try to slp, d more u dun slp. i even tried counting sheeps. haha.. anw sometimes it was so terrible tat i wldnt even slp at all or maybe slp only 2-3hrs. so unlike u, i saw sunrise everyday, n i heared d neighbourhood getting alive everyday from my bedroom. luckily ive recovered now, not recovered in d sense tat i slp early now tho. i stil slp very late but at least i do not hv problems slping anymore. i can slp anywhere, anyhow, anytime at all d wrong places. eg. in class
so yeah tat's d end of my grandmother story
sekian, terima kasih

kyh said...

Ladies & Gentlemen, please give an applause to the geng-est of all owls --- cat!!! *clap clap clap* XD

Of course I couldn't compete with you! Unlike your very kind and understanding parents, my parents would definitely kill me if they find out that I don't sleep for the whole night!

Yeah... I still remember those nights! We both chatted till the break of dawn! Furthermore, we waited for the Muslim morning prayers to burst out one after another from the nearby mosques and suraus! Hahaha... How could I ever forget? I really miss those good old days!

And a million thanks for ya grandmother story! :P

Anonymous said...

Very geng? I also beh pai leh...

But have to pay for the consequences later, unlike someone who is so free shaking his leg there...

kyh said...

You still have to work a hell lot harder to reach my level! XD

Chen said...

this is bad...
very bad...
better get your biological clock tuned back to normal :P

kyh said...

I know it's bad lah... It's very easy to say, but it's actually quite hard for me to turn back to normal. Internet has made my life more interesting, but it has also made my health worse than ever (although I haven't seen the effects yet... Choi! Touch wood!)! =.="