ss_blog_claim=f83f0efb56d77d1bfe68bd9ba3a5ab23
Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 19, 2006

MUET results...

Hey guys... I'm back (for obvious reasons :P)!!! So where and how should I start first? Hmm... As the topic has suggested, I'm going to talk about that particular thingy...

But first, I'm going to explain to those of you who have absolutely no idea of what the hell MUET is. Well... It stands for the Malaysian University English Test --- a test on the English proficiency of Malaysian students and is a basic requirement for the admission to the local universities. The grades are named bands. Band 1 is the worst while Band 6 is the best. Without acquiring the minimum grade required, students will be barred from all local university campuses FOREVER. Sigh... Reality is damn harsh...

Back to the story. Today was the announcement day of the MUET results. By the way, I just knew about this after being informed by some of my friends this morning. The results were not announced and dispatched to us until noon. Once I got back my MUET examination slip, a bunch of my busybody buddies congregated round me, requesting me to tear off the adhesive security strips quickly and to reveal the results to them promptly. However, I was damn reluctant to see the results in front of them. And with luck, I managed to get out from there and stand aside.

With swift jumping heart-beat and cold sweaty palms, I slowly flipped open the 2-layer results slip. Note that my hands were a lil bit shaky throughout the tearing and flipping processes. I was nervous and kinda chickened-off at that very moment, yet I was anticipated to see the results that were gonna unravel in front of my very eyes.

Voila! I've finally opened it. Now for the moment of truth. At this moment, my hands and legs were shaking terribly, as if I've been cursed under some sort of evil black magic. Let it be it. I couldn't resist any longer to see my results. After I glanced over the Band Achieved section and its corresponding response, I was in total shock. SHOCK, that is. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it was just a sweet dream. It seemed so fake yet so real. It might be an optical illusion and thus I stared hard at it once again. And yep... I've made no wrongs. It stated 6 there. Band 6 I mean.

All of a sudden, my buddies cheered and shouted with joy. Oh my... What an unbelievable sight. Even till now, I still can't believe it. I haven't even thought of scoring a Band 6. Instead of aiming at an impossible 6, I was in fact hoping for a satisfactory 5 but I've earlier predicted my results to be a modest 4. I admit that I'm not confident and satisfied with my performance. Besides, I know very well that I've made a lot of blunders during the test.

All in all, I still consider myself a lucky guy and no more. I don't think I'm gonna be that fortunate again when the STPM results are announced next year. Whatever... I sincerely extend my greatest gratitude to those who have always had faith in me.

P/S: I also wanna congratulate the other 2 who have also scored a Band 6 (you know who you are) and those who have scored extremely well for this MUET. Cheers all!

2 comments:

sophisticatedsoul said...

Congrats to you too...

Cat said...

yayaya...n u always tell me u wont do well in dis n dat...pls lah...c u did so well...hv more faith in urself k...im sure u can do well in ur stpm if u really put ur heart to it...u jz need to be more...ahem ahem...HARDWORKING.